Purpose / Benefit:
- To provide temporary practice continuation services / support to a participating DDR member in the event of their disability or death.
- Service by fellow members continues until the disabled dentist can return, or in the event of death the practice can be sold.
- To sustain operations at an affected practice to preserve cash flow during disability or preserve its value in the event of death for the benefit of its owner or surviving spouse.
- To sustain operations so that the office staff and hygienist to remain active and employed and therefore do not look for other employment.
- To sustain the patient base so that during the disability period the patient base remains with the affected practice.
- Member Dentist must be licensed in the State of Texas (in good standing).
- Member Dentist must commit to serve other members for at least two days per month of service in the affected practice.
- Coverage for the affected practice should not to exceed four (4) days per week for six (6) months (whether disability or death).
- Must be qualifying disability . . . meaning that voluntary absence is not a qualifying disability, excluding specifically (a) revocation of dental license (b) voluntary absence (e.g., vacation) or short term absence (less than two weeks).
- Initial enrollment fee of $1,500
- Annual membership dues of $100 per year.