- Attorney and CPA with extensive dental practice transition experience.
- 20+ years representing Texas dentists.
- Over 100 dental practice transactions and over 200 valuations of dental practices in 31 states.
Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law – Juris Doctor, May 1987
Texas A & M University, Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting, May 1984
LICENSING / ORGANIZATIONS
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Texas State Bar
- Texas Society of CPA’s
- West Houston Rotary Club (Former member / Past President 1991-92)
- Texas Medical Disclosure Panel, Texas Department of Health (Former Member 1995-98)
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Associate Agreements – Pitfalls & Pearls, Texas Dental Association Annual Session, May, 1996.
- Malpractice and Informed Consent, Greater Houston Dental Meeting, April, 1995.
- To Sue or Not To Sue . . . Collection Efforts That Result in Malpractice Lawsuits, I D Consultants seminar, 1994.
- The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act., Greater Houston Dental Meeting, 1994.
- Independent Contract vs. Employee Status, Surviving the 90′s by Trahan Horizons, 1993.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
DDR Dental Trust, Houston, TX 2009 to Present
Trustee / Administrator
DDR Dental Trust began in the late 1970’s and was formed as a support organization to dentists around Texas.
Over its 30 year history, the Dental Trust has assisted over 1,100 dental practices with practice continuation and practice transition.
Pentegra Dental Group, Inc., Phoenix, AZ (Healthcare) 1997 to 2008
Vice President, Chief Development Officer – Acquisitions
- Member of a road-show team that successfully consummated an IPO and simultaneous merger of fifty businesses in unique rollup transaction.
- Added 51 additional practices in less than 12 months, making the total group 101 practices in 31 states.
- Led the corporate development group that was responsible for external growth by acquisition including the identification, valuation, negotiation and closing of over 101 dental practices with individual revenues between $1mm and $5mm
- Grew the company to over $75mm in gross practice revenue.
- Crafted valuation models yielding accretive acquisitions that used a mixture of cash common stock, and notes as consideration as market conditions changed.